shelter

Life has become very hectic and my soul has been craving the peace and tranquility of Selah, the name for our property and under construction cabin.
Selah has many meanings but no one clear cut definition. We have chosen to use the definition of, rest, peace and praise.
We had the opportunity to travel to our place of peace this past weekend for just one day. We arrived during a downpour and inspecting the cabin under construction found that it was raining in one part of the unfinished roof and creating a waterfall from the loft to the main floor, not a welcome nor peaceful sight. As soon as the rain let up, husband and youngest son were able to patch the roof with a tarp and scraps of wood. For good measure they also covered another part of the roof that was iffy. There were frequent stops to the project as it sporadically rained and hailed most of the afternoon.
Praise for the materials that were available to secure the cabin. Rest as the rain stopped and the sun came out after the work was done. Peace as we can depart from Selah knowing that there we experienced and will continue to rest in His shelter.

Psalm 61:1-4  
1 Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.
2 From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
3 For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.
4 I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah.




from the front door during hail storm